Tuesday, January 17, 2012

W2- Family Food Cultures

This may or may not be what this blog is supposed to represent, but the best thing I could think of is that my family is kind of like a big bag of skittles. Every person in my immediate family is so drastically different that a bag of candy is the best way I could explain the different...flavors of my family. To get even more specific with the analogy, every person is like a different variation of skittles.

My brother Alex is like a bag of sour skittles, sour on the outside, but underneath the sour coating there is a sweet core that tastes like the original skittles.

Original I guess would have to be my Dad because of how consistent the flavor is. These kind of skittles are the basis for every variety that has came after it, and are somewhat plain compared to the other kinds available now. The one thing about the original is that it is always good and never lets you down, whereas the other kinds are more particular and are not for everyone.

My Mom would be the blender kind, so sweet that it's almost too much. The blenders take all the flavors and mix them too, there adapted to be like all of the other skittles, even if it sometimes comes out weird. What I mean by this is that Mom takes a little bit from all of us and tries to relate to all of our little quirks (even if she doesn't understand us sometimes).

I think that the tropical kind of skittles are the strange variety of skittles that taste a lot different then the others, but you can tell there based off the others. My sister Beth is the tropical kind, way out there and unique in every way.

That leaves me and the only kind of skittles left...the CRAZY CORES! Now these are strange candies. When you bite in to one your somewhat surprised at the taste and may not initially like it. The more that you eat the crazy cores the more you like them though.

So, I hope that this is what this assignment could somehow be translated into. I thought of the analogy and just thought it was too perfect a way to describe my diverse family. Even though this isn't exactly a culture based food for my family...everyone likes skittles, with my family being no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment